YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL CONTRIBUTE TO SHAPING A MORE EQUITABLE WORLD
By joining the association or making a donation you will change things. Each euro donated will directly assist in improving the living conditions of the 130 women weavers of El Camino de Los Altos.
HOW WILL YOUR DONATION BE USED?
To finance training programs for the weavers and their children:
- Continuation of our actions centered on the art of pre-Columbian belt weaving, weaving techniques and know-how, and the richness of the Mayan textile heritage.
- Continuing Education:
- Vegetable dyeing workshops, participation in the revival of the classic dyes such as cochineal and indigo.
- Textile creation workshops in the villages, calling for the financing of prototypes and return trips to the communities in order to encourage creativity.
- Development of our library and our reading and educational projects: Purchase of bilingual (Tsotsil / Spanish) books for children and textile art books for the women.
- Cultural programs (museum visits, conferences)
HOW TO MAKE A DONATION?
Pay online via the French participatory funding platform HelloAsso